DMG Icon Smooth Surface
Icon is used for the micro-invasive treatment of smooth surface and proximal caries lesions. It can be used to treat lesions into the first third of dentin (D-1). In one patient visit, and with no drilling, Icon can arrest the progression of early enamel lesions (caries) and white spot caries-like lesions. Icon represents an entirely new, revolutionary approach to treatment of incipient caries – a caries infiltrant. This breakthrough micro-invasive technology fills and reinforces demineralized enamel without drilling or anesthesia.
- Micro-invasive treatment of non-cavitated dental enamel lesions.
- Do not use this material: • for deeper seated lesions (D2 – D3) or on cavitated enamel (enamel defects)
- In case of known allergies to any material component or existing contact allergies.
- Icon provides an innovative, never-before-seen option for treatment of smooth surface and proximal carious lesions.
- Instead of taking a “wait and see” approach, Icon can arrest the progress of early enamel lesions up to the first third of dentin – in one simple procedure, without unnecessary loss of healthy tooth structure!
- Cosmetically remove white spot lesions in just one visit! • Icon offers a revolutionary approach to the cosmetic treatment of carious white spot lesions. • Lesions infiltrated by Icon take on the appearance of the surrounding healthy enamel. This provides a highly esthetic alternative to micro-abrasion and restorative treatments of cariogenic white spots – all in one simple treatment, with no drilling.
- Arrests progression of lesions that are too advanced for fluoride therapy.
- Enables immediate treatment of lesions not yet advanced enough for restoration (drill &fill); ends "wait & see" approach.
- Next step beyond minimally invasive approach to dentistry.
- Patient comfort - no drilling pain.
- Arrests caries progress without unnecessary loss of healthy hard tissue.
- Prolonged life expectancy of tooth.
- Patients with poor compliance can be treated earlier.
- Patient comfort and convenience.
- Frees up additional chairtime.
1 Patient Kit:
- 1 x 0.30ml Syringe Icon-Etch.
- 1 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Dry.
- 1 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Infiltrant.
- 6 x Smooth Surface Tips.
2 Patient Kit:
- 2 x 0.30ml Syringe Icon-Etch.
- 2 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Dry.
- 2 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Infiltrant.
- 12 x Smooth Surface Tips.
7 Patient Kit:
- 7 x 0.30ml Syringe Icon-Etch.
- 7 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Dry.
- 7 x 0.45ml Syringe Icon-Infiltrant.
- 42 x Smooth Surface Tips.